AS OF 8 JANUARY 2021
We are currently allowed to offer:
• Face to face 121s outside only
• Online 121s & 221s will continue
• Online classes are back via skype
WHEN FACE TO FACE CLASSES ARE BACK
There will be some changes to class numbers for aerial, as equipment cannot be sanitized in class. For these classes, equipment will be cleaned and quarantined between uses. Only members of the same houshold may share aerial equipment.
The following classes at SBSD will run with reduced numbers to increase social distancing measures during T2:
· Kids hoop
· Barre - please bring your own mat
· Aerial hoop
· Aerial hammock
· Daytime pole
· Daytime hoop
The following classes will continue as they did pre-lockdown but with increased social distancing of over 2meters at all times. Hands and equipment must be cleaned before and after and social distancing MUST be followed at all times. These classes will run from FARRIERS:
· All evening pole classes
· Stretch - please bring your own mat and blocks if you have them
· Pilates - please bring your own mat
There has been some confusion around class numbers, to which I can confirm classes are allowed to operate in numbers over 6, where social distancing and COVID secure policies are in place. Where venues are not able to operate in this way, numbers should be reduced based on the air flow volumes.
There has also been some confusion around whether we can operate as 2 to a pole or not, sadly pole isn't named in the governments class list, but the decision has been based on its similarities to other sports.
The following activities must close in T2 :
· Swimming clubs
· Volley ball
These are all activities where equipment is shared between multiple individuals and examples where social distancing cannot be adhered to.
The following activities can remain open in T2 :
· Table tennis
These are all activities where equipment is touched by limited individuals and where social distancing can be adhered to. Which is true also for pole. Our detailed risk assessments have been undertaken and support this approach.
121s will continue to run for those not yet comfortable with a class environment, we have also reduced our daytime class and pole practice to 1 to a pole.
Classes for this period will continue on a pay as you go basis. At this time I'm afraid there will not be the flexibility to move / change or offer make up classes. Please only book classes you have every intention of attending. Minimum class numbers are required for classes to run and stay on the timetable. Whilst we are not yet in a position to start memberships back up, we have introduced some class packs for our hard core members.
Our new timetable is now live and open for booking, TOP TIP, filter on each location for easier class viewing.
WHAT HAPPENS IF OUT TIER LEVEL CHANGES
T1 will not look pretty similar to our current timetable. However, a change to T3 will mean ceasing all group classes and only 121s and pole and aerial practice sessions running face to face. An online timetable will once again be put in place, to which I'll send further guidance if, and when, this happens.
If anyone has any issues, concerns or questions please let me know.
And I look forward to seeing you all very soon!
WHAT OUR STUDENTS NEED TO DO
• Please bring with you your own yoga mat (FOR STRETCH, BARRE AND PILATES)
• Please also bring fresh clean socks (ideally grippy ones) to be worn in the training space & your face mask
• Please spray the soles of your shoes with disinfectant BEFORE entering the property / studio boundary or remove your shoes on entry
• Wash or sanitise your hands before, during and after your session
• Sanitise your equipment before and after use
• Social distancing must still continue before during and after your session - even if you are sharing equipment
• You must only attend your session if you are well and if no one in your household is isolating
• If for any reason it is not possible to fully social distance, it is recommended individuals are side by side or facing away from each other rather than face-to-face and face masks should be worn in this instance
• AJfitness do not recommend the use of masks during the class, however if you wish to do so, this is your own personal choice
• Masks however, are mandatory when entering and exiting the facility, in communal areas, such as corridors, toilets and kitchen area and for carrying out pre and post class cleaning.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS NEED TO KNOW
• Instructors will be hosting lessons where little to no spotting is required. However if spotting is necessary, masks are to be worn by instructor & participant
• Instructors may still spot you if there is a risk to your safety e.g. if there is a risk of serious injury
• Every student will be asked to clean their own equipment before and after use. You will be asked to wear your mask and sanitise your hands before doing so
• Students must not congregate before, after or in between classes and social distancing must continue during this time.
• At this time, no one other than instructors and students are allowed in class.
• If you do not wish to share equipment, please speak to your instructor prior to booking your class.
Thank you to all of our members for your continued support, whether that's attending our classes, sharing our posts, sharing your memories or your messages of support. And we can't wait to seeing you all back doing what you love!
last updated : 01/12/2020
BOOKING A CLASS
Spaces for classes are now open for booking. To secure your spot head to the timetable and search for the date of the class you wish to attend. Spaces are pre-book only & subject to strict social distancing.
121S are back up and running in Borehamwood at SBSD and at the Welwyn Hub. Home 121s are also back where social distancing can be maintained. To book please contact Amanda at email@example.com
TO ATTEND A FACE TO FACE SESSION YOU MUST
be following the current government advice regarding contact with others, social distancing and meeting other people
wear a mask on entry and exit
soles of shoes must also be sprayed down or shoes removed before entering the training space
bring your own hand sanitiser for use before and after your session
bring your own disinfectant spray to spray equipment before and after use
bring your own clean mat, socks and grip for your session (mats required for Stretch, Barre & Pilates)
all equipment must be sprayed and properly cleaned and disinfected before and after use
HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT US TODAY
Thank you to everyone who have already sent their kind words & support it is very much appreciated in this very strange and difficult time.
Here are a few things you can do, to help us keep the AJfitness community going.
1. Leave us a testimonial on our website
2. Like us & rate us on Facebook
3. Head to google, search AJFitness PT, Pole & Aerial & leave us a little review
4. Keep posting & tagging us in your memories, stories and pictures
5. Join us for a 121, group class, online class or yoga and wine event
6. Purchase a 2020 gift voucher for use once we re-open later this year
Want to give a little gift of happiness to brighten up someones 2020 / 2021 - check out our AJfitness gift vouchers today :